Have you ever woken up feeling unstoppable and ready to seize the day? Perhaps you know someone who radiates this energy and confidence at the crack of dawn. Whether you’re a morning person or not, there’s no denying that the first moments set the mood for the rest of the day. Get to know Gary’s Protocol Today!
Incorporating essential oils into your morning routine can amplify your intentions and enhance your feelings of confidence so you can start your day from a place of strength. Layering and blending specific oils in distinct ways can help cultivate the right mindset, focus the intentions, and provide an emotional anchor throughout your day.
That’s why Young Living founder, D. Gary Young, put together an empowering essential oil routine, Gary’s Protocol. Known for his vision and belief in pursuing that vision despite obstacles, there was never a goal too large or impossible for Gary to achieve. The four elevating oils in Gary’s Great Day Protocol embrace this sentiment, and when used together are a powerful way to start each day with intention and empowerment (not to mention, you’ll smell amazing).
GARY’S GREAT DAY PROTOCOL: A STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Step 1: Valor
- Place 1 drop of Valor on the inside of your left wrist. Place your left wrist over the inside of your right wrist so that the insides of both wrists are touching and hold together for a moment.
- Focus your mind on balancing, holding your wrists in place. The powerful combination of ingredients in Valor delivers strengthening and refreshing qualities, supporting feelings of courage and self-esteem.
Step 2: Harmony
- Place 1 drop of Harmony above your belly button to promote positive feelings, calming down your mind.
- This spiritual and emotional blend is balancing and calming, and may help reduce occasional everyday stress and discord, by creating harmonic balance in the mind, spirit and body.
Step 3: Joy
- Place 1 drop of Joy above your heart to bring about feelings of happiness to your mind and body.
- Create a joyful and happy aromatic experience with this uplifting blend of pure essential oils such as Rose, Jasmine, Tangerine, Bergamot and others.
Step 4: White Angelica
- Place 1 drop of White Angelica in your palms and rub together. Lightly brush hands over your head, face, shoulders and body to uplift your spirits and protect your energies.
- Lovingly harvested from plants native to exotic destinations around the world, the 10 essential oils in White Angelica come together to create a one-of-a-kind blend that inspires a positive atmosphere and feelings of security and optimism.
Obstacles and challenges are inevitable as you go after your dreams, but it’s important to remember that you have the power to make huge changes in your life. And those changes all begin with establishing an uplifting morning routine to start each day with positivity!
Note: Gary’s Great Day Protocol can be adapted as needed, based on your personal needs.
I can't answer this question. Essential oils are a personal choice for parents as are any products they use on and around their babies. All I can speak of is my personal use of essential oils. I choose these oils and their household cleaning line with their commitment to the highest standards. This means they control the process from the seeds they use to the bottling of the end product. There are no chemicals anywhere near these plants or in the distillation process. Because of this, I know that the oils I'm using are 100% plants.
If you chose to use a different different essential oils and/or cleaners, I cannot speak to their effectiveness or safety so I don't recommend using my method if you choose a different brand.
- Set aside time for yourself, away from the craziness of life, and act on it. Think about it for a moment: What would you do if you knew for sure anything was possible? Where in the 7 F's of Oola – fitness, finance, family, field, faith, friends and fun – do you need more balance and growth? Write down a goal and the steps you can take to make it happen. Put on your superhero cape and become the person God uniquely created you to be.
- Do one thing that will bring you closer to your OolaLife. Successfully achieving a goal has a way of restoring belief in ourself and motivates us to succeed again. It’s like a domino effect. The pieces falling into place as we recognize our potential and face the doubts that kept it captive. Move forward with purpose and look back with gratitude. As Mark Victor Hansen, co-author of the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” book series, so perfectly put it, you’re living the OolaLife.
- As you grow in your OolaLife, you’re sure to notice the unrealized potential in others around you. A few kind words, an attitude of gratitude or simply leading by example, have the power to encourage those around you to embrace positive change. Who knows what they might achieve with your inspiration? A better “you”, makes a better family, a better community, and ultimately a better world.
- Drink lots of water (half your weight in ounces)
- Avoid stimulant drinks like coffee (haha)
- Take detox baths (epsom salt, baking soda and essential oils, click here for my time and time again tested favorites!)
- Let your pits breath some air!
- Make a 1:1 apple cider vinegar and water spray (I added lavender, tea tree and peppermint essential oils, check out why they're my fave here) to help calm the scent in there... bonus: it's great for breastfeeding moms who might be experiencing some scent issues due to breastfeeding
- Avoid putting on deodorant immediately after shaving
- Ditch and switch the toxic cleaning products in your home (need help, click here to grab my all-in-one home cleaning kit)
- Use clean personal care products (like my favorites here)